AVV. ALESSANDRO ALBICINI
1983 - Degree in Law “summa cum laude”, Università degli Studi di Bologna; Thesis in Bankruptcy Law.
1984 - Master in Business Administration; scholarship awarded by Unione Italiana Camere di Commercio.
Admitted to practice in 1988.
1985 - 1989 associate of Arthur Andersen, Tax Department, in Bologna.
1989 - 1991 associate of the law firm of prof. avv. Alberto Caltabiano, Professor of Industrial Law, Università di Bologna School of Law.
Currently practices in the field of corporate law, international contracts, mergers & acquisition, commercial and industrial law.
“International agency agreements: fiscal and contractual issues”, Maggioli Editore, 1999; co-author: Dr. Riccardo Zavatta.
International Charitable giving: laws and taxation”, Italian law aspects, Graham & Trotman / Martinns Nijhoppi.
Several articles on tax and civil law.
LECTURES AND SEMINARS:
- Panelist, in Italy and internationally, in the field of international transactions.
-Speaker, Hawksmere plc, London;international contracts;
- Speaker, Chambers of Commerce of Emilia – Romagna; international agency agreements; distributorship contracts, franchising agreements, know-how licensing, joint-ventures in the U.S.A., international sale of goods;
- “Agency Contract” - Association of Industrialists of Ferrara (Italy) - October 18, 1992;
- “Operative Profiles of agency contract at abroad” - Association Little Entrapreneurs - Modena (Italy), February 8, 1993, and Reggio Emilia, October 15, 1993;
- “Merging and de-merger operations” - Arthur Andersen in Bologna (Italy) - June 4, 1993;
- “Agency, distribution and franchising contracts” - Chamber of Commerce of Forlì (Italy) - June 10 and 15, 1993;
- “Acquisitions of companies in Italy” - Mc-George University of Sacramento (USA) - March 16, 1993;
- “The negotiation of international contracts” - International Expo’ 93 - Chamber of Commerce of Sacramento (USA) - March 17, 1993;
- “The civil and crime responsabily for members of Audit companies” - Arthur Andersen in Bologna (Italy) - February 25, 1994;
- “The International Contract” - Chamber of Commerce of Taranto (Italy) - March 16-17, 1994;
- “The juridical reality of No-profit organizations in Italy” - Center for international legal studies - Waidring (Austria), April 3-9, 1994;
- “Agency contract in Italy” - Intrade ‘94, Wembley (United Kingdom), June 22, 1994;
- “Implications of EEC regulations on business contracts” University of San Francisco, Berkeley, Santa Clara, Mc-George (USA), October 11-14, 1994;
- “Strategical Alliances: joint-ventures” - Center for International Legal Studies - Waidring (Austria), January 22-28, 1995;
- “Impact of EEC-Regulations on the Italian Trade” - the John Marshall Law school - Chicago (USA), October 10, 1995;
- “Italy and Europe Distribution, Financial and Legal Strategies” - 1995 Italy Trade Conference - Chicago (USA), WorldTradeCenter, October 11, 1995;
- “Agreements for the marketing of products abroad” - Association of Industrialists and Chamber of Commerce of Campobasso (Italy) - December 19, 1995;
- “Recent developments in the law relating to manufacturers of consumer goods” - Conference “The internationalisation of Eu-law” under the patronage of the British Council with the British-Italian Law Association - Bologna, December 1st, 1995;
- “Opportunities in International Trade - Exporting and operating in Europe” - Co-sponsored by Dykema Gossett PLLC and the State of Michigan - Michigan Jobs Commission, Detroit (USA), April 24, 1996.
- “How to negotiate an International joint venture” - Summer International Program SetonHall University - New Jersey, Parma, July 2, 1996;
- “The commercial distribution agreements: operative profiles in Europe and in the United States” - under the patronage of Ervet s.p.a., Aster s.cons a r.l. and Foreign Center of the Chambers of Commerce of Emilia-Romagna, July 3 and 23, 1996;
- “Investment opportunities Italy-Usa” - Conference organized by the Italian Chamber of Commerce and World Trade Center of Chicago (USA), November 20, 1996;
- “Joint ventures between Italian and American firms: to invest in USA” – Conference organized by Ervet s.p.a. and the Foreign Center of the Chambers of Commerce of Emilia – Romagna – Bologna, July 16, 1997;
- “Target Europe: a strategic briefing for U.S. business on developments in the EU” – Conferences under the patronage of the Commercial Department of USA, Italian Embassy in USA and World Trade Center – Southfield and Ann Arbour, Michigan, August 5, 1997; Lansing, Michigan, August 6, 1997; Gran Rapids, Michigan, August 7, 1997; Lake County, Illinois, August 11, 1997; Chicago, Illinois, August 12, 1997; Rockford, Illinois, August 13, 1997; Baltimore, Maryland, August 20, 1997;
- Panelist for IFOA and Chambers of Commerce of Emilia-Romagna on international contracts, agency agreement, distribution agreement, franchising agreement, joint-ventures, international supply agreement.
English and French
AVV. FEDERICO CAVICCHIOLI
1998/1999: University of Georgia - School of Law (U.S.A.)
Master of Laws (LL.M.). Major: International and Business Law (Antitrust Law; International Legal Transactions; Corporations; Capital Utilization; International Finance; Interviewing, Counselling and Negotiating). Final graduation thesis and workshop: “The application of E.U. Competition Law to non-European (U.S.) transnational companies by the Commission and the European Courts”.
1999: Practising Law Institute - (Atlanta, GA – U.S.A.)
“Doing deals: Understanding the nuts and bolts of transactional practice”: workshop in corporate and commercial transactions.
1997: Università degli Studi di Bologna (Law School of the University of Bologna)
Law Degree (Juris Doctor). Major: international studies (International law, European Communities Law, International Organizations Law, Comparative Private Law; Foreign languages (English, French).
Practices in Bologna. Joined the Firm in 1999 and specialized mainly in civil, commercial, business and international law.
Assists clients in planning, negotiating and finalizing commercial transactions and drafts the related agreements (conditions of supply of consumer goods and industrial equipment, OEM supplies, integrated distribution, sales promotion and franchising, intellectual property licenses, etc.).
In the same areas of practices, litigates cases involving businesses before national courts or arbitration organizations in Italy and internationally.
Participates in the preparation of papers and publications in the matter of international trade and contracts.
Typically, the clients are companies of the food, mechanic and constructions industries.
Italian, English and French.